And so, after a week of procratination, I fired up the old Blogger account and began what my dashboard tells me is my 6th blog. Honestly, it has been an age, at least in Internet terms, since I've even thought about blogging. The last time that I even looked at my Blogger dashboard was in January of 2010 when I used it to complete coursework for a module on IT skills toward my MSc.
You may scoff at how trivial an Internet Age sounds, but consider this: in the time that I have last checked Blogger
- Haiti suffered massive, irrevocable damage in the form of a 7.0-magnitude earthquake
- The American Gulf Coast was severely damaged in the BP Oil Spill
- European air traffic was ground to a halt due to the massive ash cloud created by an Icelandic volcano
- The Greek economy collapsed and consequently was bailed out by the IMF and the EU
- The world started debating how much information could be safely disclosed when the website wikileaks became well-known after it released internal videos related to US operations in Afghanistan
- US senator Gabrielle Giffords survived a gunshot wound to the head in a shooting in Tuscon, Arizona
- Japan suffered a devastating earthquake and subsequent tsunami and Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster
However, dear reader, I am going to commit to posting at least two more times. Yes, not one, but two more times. Of the five other blogs I have ever started, that tops the charts at number 2 for most posts.
Consider yourself warned.